Sunday, February 14, 2010

Upcoming

In about two weeks (February 27, to be exact), I will get to see one of my favorite underrated singers of all time, Mike Doughty. For those of you who are not familiar with him, he is a singer-songwriter from Brooklyn. He attended college at Simon's Rock for two years in the mid-80's before transferring to New School University to take poetry class under professor Sekou Sundiata. In the 1990's, he was in a band named Soul Coughing. They broke up in 2000, he kicked his heroin habit, and started playing solo.

After 5 years of waiting (I became a fan in 2005), Mike is finally making his way to my area. His solo work is one of my biggest influences in my own writings. I wish to tell him this, and hopefully that will happen in two weeks.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Have a great time at the concert.

Kyle said...

he'll stay after the show and you'll be able to tell him anything! :)

Is Autism Treatable? said...

I really do hope you get to see and talk to this solo singer. Keep up on your blogging.

George

Is Autism Treatable?