Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lost Innocence

Damn, I can't quote a single line from this song, because that wouldn't do it justice. So instead, here's the whole darn thing:

I've been blessed and I've been cursed.
I've done my best and seen the worst.
I've been cruel and I've been kind.
I've followed rules and crossed the line.
Well I've been loved and I've been hated.
I've been trapped, then liberated.
I've been bad and I've been good.
My words misread, then understood, yeah.

Lost innocence, trying to get back to where I used to be.
Lost innocence, hoping that there's something waiting for me.
Lost innocence, have I even learned a single useful thing
or have I lost, in a sense?

I've been strong and I've been weak.
I've learned to turn the other cheek.
I've been shown and I've been blind.
I've said my peace, then changed my mind.
Well I've been lost and I've been found.
I've built things up, then burned them down.
I've been wrong and I've been right.
I've saved the day, then spent the night, yeah.

Lost innocence, trying to get back to where I used to be.
Lost innocence, hoping that there's something waiting for me.
Lost innocence, have I even learned a single useful thing
or have I lost, in a sense?

I've been drunk and I've been sober.
I've tied one on and pulled one over.
I've been rude, I've been polite.
Been right on time, then missed the flight.
I've been sick and I've been well
at Heaven's gate and on the road to Hell.
Well, I've been smooth and I've been rough.
I've wanted more, then had enough, yeah.

Lost innocence, trying to get back to where I used to be.
Lost innocence, hoping that there's something waiting for me.
Lost innocence, have I even learned a single useful thing
or have I lost, in a sense?

Have I lost innocence?


Now to get into what I wanted to post.

Eric Stuart, better known to anime fans as the English voice of Seto Kaiba on Yu-Gi-Oh and the original English voices of Brock and James on Pokemon, is also a musician/singer/songwriter (he just happens to sing the song I quoted).

I love his music so much I got two of his CDs for my birthday back in September, directly from him.

Anyway, Eric recently gave me his home address so I can send in my CD booklets for him to sign!

Evidentally his autograph is extremely rare, so it totally made my day when he told me he'd do it.

I needed some cheering up, and this was more than enough to do that!

I'll post pics after I get 'em back.

1 comment:

VAB said...

That song puts me in mind of a bit of the Tao.

http://www.religiousworlds.com/taoism/ttcstan3.html#2