Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So this is World Autism Day

And so far, so good, though I sadly don't expect it to end this way. Media-wise, anyway.

CNN has aired a one-hour special highlighting stories of various autisic children and young adults. I liked it, except for the very end when CNN just HAD to link people to Autism Speaks AND the NAA. They're probably going to do this all day.

I would have no qualms if they linked people to the ASA, but since their head honcho ain't loaded like the Wrights, well... you get the idea.

Sadly, money talks. Especially when it comes to autism.

As for what I will be doing, more or less the same as every other day. Wear my autism lanyard, and my puzzle ribbon lapel pin. I'm probably the only Hub blogger with one of the latter, but then again, I don't see what's so bad about it. Even as an aspie.

Oh well. You do your thing, and I'll do mine.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Theres hardly been anything about it here in the UK.

dkmnow said...

The NAA is a joke. Their "headquarters" is in a seedy little storefront about twenty miles away, on the outskirts of my hometown.

One of these days, I've just got to go in there pretending to be a confused and frightened parent of an autistic kid, just to see what kind of hogwash they'll try to feed me.

In fact, I think I'll wear a hidden microphone...

>:-D