Friday, February 1, 2008

I may just get to volunteer after all!

I was informed that the specialized training provided by Phoenix Children's Hospital that is "very costly" may not be such a big deal to worry about.

It more than likely wouldn't cost me anything, but it would cost them a lot. Because I read that these sessions would probably involve learning how to deal with the various special needs these kids have and learning what to do in case something were to go wrong.

Many of the patients there have not only psychological and mental disorders, but potentially life-threatening illnesses and diseases. In case something were to happen, I would need to know everything.

I think this is what they mean by "very costly".

I am serious about this and am more than willing to go through with it.

3 comments:

AspieMama said...

I hope this works out for you! I've done some volunteering in the past, and have really enjoyed it. It also is a good source for job references. Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a good time.

AspieMama

~A Blog for Parents with Asperger's~

http://aspiemama.blogspot.com/

Club 166 said...

Good for you.

Good Luck!!

Joe

Casdok said...

Go for it!!
Keep us posted.