Thursday, January 24, 2008

In the mail...

Today, the things I got from AutismLink arrived.

I now own an Autism Awareness lanyard (to hold my keys) and a puzzle ribbon lapel pin.

Several adults on the spectrum (as well as some parents of kids) don't like the puzzle logo, and they have valid reasons for their viewpoints.

But I'm not one of them. To me, it is the easiest way of raising awareness in public. Since I appear normal to most people, they don't know about my autism. Hopefully, me wearing these items will change this.

1 comment:

Grandma C said...

Beau - I too like the puzzle piece. It is nothing negative against anyone. It is a well recognized and positive logo announcing that the pieces of the puzzle called "autism" are being put together. I wear a dog tag all the time and a rubber bracelet. I am happy to tell everyone & educate them!

Grandma C