Saturday, December 29, 2007

New blog name

Recent visitors may have noticed that this blog has a new name and a new heading.

I have come to realize "Proud Autistic" may not have been the best choice for a name. I am indeed happy with who I am... most of the time. What readers here don't know is that I do get depressed, stressed, anxious about things, you name it. I have been in a state of depression since November. Thought about suicide early on, but reconsidered. Now I don't know what to do, or how to do it.

I have been reading Harold Doherty's blog Facing Autism in New Brunswick lately. Some things I agree with him on. Others I don't. The things we disagree on, I hope to post about later. Maybe have him answer some things for me. Hopefully to come to an understanding of each other.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and has a good New Year's Day.

Yes, even you, Mr. Best.

Good day.

8 comments:

Casdok said...

Sorry to hear you that you got depressed, stressed and anxious.
Interesting new name change!
I look forward to reading more of your thoughts from your deep mind!
Happy new year!

Autism Reality NB said...

I thank you for your visits to my site Mr McClelland and for the courtesy with which you express disagreement. Good luck with your blog site.

Harold Doherty
Facing Autism in New Brunswick

Ari said...

I like it, I like it! And I think we all have days where we are in the blue area... I'm recovering from a bit of a depressive relapse (starting to be weaned off Lexapro OMG that stuff is WOAH.). A blog is a great thing, don't ever let anyone silence you. I'm so glad I kept mine over at lj for the past 6 years, it's filled in alot of blanks and been theraputic. Even if nobody comments, at least you know maybe just one, two people read it, and you may have helped someone. And your friends page can give you encouragement (as I have received quite a bit.)

Thanks for the greetings, hope you had a good holiday and here's to a happier '08. :) See you around LJ too! If you need some encouragement or support I am always around lj-- well, when I get my messages there I always reply. :)

renaeden said...

I liked your previous blog title. Being proud of yourself is important.
I do not believe you have shallow thoughts, to me you think things through.
I wonder if your previous bad experience with medication has led you not to get help for your depression, anxiety. I have had some bad experiences as well but there are some good meds out there. Some of those people did think of helping people, not just of making money.
Suicidal thoughts are serious. I hope you can find someone in rl to talk about your feelings with and be comfortable about it. My thoughts are with you.
from renaeden.

Beau McClelland said...

Mr. Doherty,

You're welcome. You are free to comment here any time you wish.

Beau McClelland said...

casdok,

Thanks. For commenting and reading. I look forward to your future comments.

Beau McClelland said...

ari,

I see you finally made it over here. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Beau McClelland said...

renaeden,

The new blog title is a reverse saying of the phrase "deep thoughts from a shallow mind".

My thoughts are not shallow, but my mind is deep.

Thanks for commenting.