Friday, December 7, 2007

Making dietary changes.

First off, I'll start by saying that the dental surgery went well, with absolutely no complications. Thank God!

Now to get to the subject of this post.

I'm making changes in my eating habits, and for the better. Instead of shark (dangerously high in methylmercury content), I'll eat rainbow trout.

Dairy is now out completely. Not because of an allergy to casein, but instead due to lactose intolerance, which has developed over the years and has gotten progressively worse.

Brown rice (and others, such as Jasmine rice, Basmati rice and wild rice) will be consumed as much as possible. I love rice!

No more wheat noodles. And unless that means I can find a noodle that can be used in spaghetti (most "egg" noodles contain semolina, which contains wheat gluten), then no more of it either :(

This will be quite tough I think, but I can do it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.autismndi.com/

I think there's a list of safe foods here.
People with ciliac disease also have to avoid wheat, you may want to find one of thier support groups.
Best of luck.

Beau McClelland said...

Anon,

I'm not celiac, but I'll look into it.

Anonymous said...

I know you're not ciliac, silly. But people with ciliac have experience finding foods with gluten, and foods without.
These guys are a good resource in finding all things "gluten."

Beau McClelland said...

OK, I misread your first comment, I think.

I apologize.

Anonymous said...

No need to say your sorry, be well & live a good life.
Always look for you own answers, find your own voice & your truth will be heard.
Diet did wonders for my child. That's my truth.
Be happy in life, you are very high functioning, you are blessed.