Friday, December 21, 2007

If autism was invented in 1931 like the Mercury Militia thinks it was...

Then please explain why many of the world's greatest minds were autistic.

The term 'autism' wasn't popularized until Hans Asperger called his original patients "autistic psychopaths" in the mid 1930's, however autism has existed since at least the mid 1500's.

Sir Isaac Newton was one of the first people to show autistic traits.

Also on the spectrum were Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, his rival and former partner Nikola Tesla, and the world's first real genius, Albert Einstein.

Mercury poisoning is a serious health issue that should be properly tested for and treated. However, mercury poisoning doesn't even remotely resemble autism. Mercury poisoning is potentially fatal. Autism is not. Therefore, chelation is good for true mercury poisoning. Even then, you cannot reverse the damage already done. Chelation for autism is quackery at its finest.

8 comments:

Foresam said...

There are no autistics who were born before 1931.

Beau McClelland said...

Thanks for showing your ignorance once again.

Casdok said...

Good post. Autisitc people are scattered through out history.

Foresam said...

There are no autistics older than 76.

Beau McClelland said...

Except that Asperger's and Kanner's first patients were all born before 1931.

Foresam said...

Wrong Beau, they were all born after that.

Wendi said...

I have been blessed to work with children with autism. I don't understand the parents who believe in this "cure". I have witnessed so many cruel and heartbreaking
"treatments" that these parents make their children suffer through. I quit my job with a family I worked with after going to chelation "treatments" for their daughter. I had to help hold her down while some quack pumped these "treatments" through her unwilling body. My heart broke and anger filled me soul as she cringed, twitched, and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. And then she would have to sit on a toilet for six hours so they could collect urine for the "doctor" so he could analyze it to calculate her metal levels. The chelation would cause her to have extreme aggressions that weren't there before. Why people spend their life saving and energy on this I will never know. Why not invest in things that would help improve their quality of life and just love them for them and their unique qualities.

Wendi said...

I have been blessed to work with children with autism. I don't understand the parents who believe in this "cure". I have witnessed so many cruel and heartbreaking
"treatments" that these parents make their children suffer through. I quit my job with a family I worked with after going to chelation "treatments" for their daughter. I had to help hold her down while some quack pumped these "treatments" through her unwilling body. My heart broke and anger filled me soul as she cringed, twitched, and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. And then she would have to sit on a toilet for six hours so they could collect urine for the "doctor" so he could analyze it to calculate her metal levels. The chelation would cause her to have extreme aggressions that weren't there before. Why people spend their life saving and energy on this I will never know. Why not invest in things that would help improve their quality of life and just love them for them and their unique qualities.